What are the benefits of apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar that is made from apple cider. It is a popular kitchen staple, and there are many benefits to using it. Some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar include:
- It can help you lose weight or maintain your current weight.
- It can improve your blood sugar levels if you have diabetes.
- It can help improve your complexion and make your skin look healthier.
- It can fight bad breath.
- It can help soothe a sore throat.
- It can help calm an upset stomach.
- It can help kill bacteria and fungus.
- It is a natural detoxifier.
- It can help improve your overall health.
how to make apple cider
1 cup apple cider
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar.
Pour the mixture into a clean jar and seal with a lid. Store in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks, shaking occasionally.
After 2 weeks, strain the cider vinegar through a cheesecloth-lined strainer into another jar. Seal with a lid and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
Health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Diabetes Management: Apple cider vinegar helps in regulating blood sugar levels. This is especially beneficial for people suffering from diabetes. When the apple cider vinegar is taken before bedtime, it helps to lower blood sugar levels overnight. A study showed that when apple cider vinegar was consumed with a high-carbohydrate breakfast, there was a decreased blood sugar response.
- Weight Loss: Apple cider vinegar is said to help in weight loss. The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar suppresses the appetite and reduces water retention. It also helps to burn calories. A study showed that people who consumed apple cider vinegar every day for 12 weeks lost more weight and belly fat than those who didn’t consume it.
- Cholesterol: Apple cider vinegar helps in lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol levels.
- Blood Pressure: Apple cider vinegar helps in maintaining blood pressure levels. It also helps to improve heart health.
- Antioxidant Properties: Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of antioxidants which help to fight against the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Cancer Prevention: Apple cider vinegar is said to have cancer-preventing properties. It helps to reduce the risk of esophageal cancer.
- Digestion: Apple cider vinegar helps in digestion and prevents constipation and diarrhea. It also helps to get rid of toxins from the body.
- Skin Benefits: Apple cider vinegar has acne-fighting properties and it also helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Boosts Energy Levels: Apple cider vinegar contains potassium which is necessary for maintaining electrolyte balance in the body. Potassium is known to boost energy levels and stamina.
- Soothes Sore Throat: Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy for a sore throat. It helps to kill bacteria and fungus. Gargling with apple cider vinegar water helps to get rid of the sore throat quickly.
There are many benefits of apple cider vinegar. It can help you lose weight, improve your blood sugar levels, fight bad breath, soothe a sore throat, and more. It is also a natural detoxifier and can help improve your overall health.
Daily dose of Apple Cider
The recommended dose of apple cider vinegar is 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) per day. It can be consumed diluted in water or undiluted. If you are taking it for the first time, start with a lower dose and increase it gradually. It is best to consume apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach, either before meals or 2 hours after eating. Apple cider vinegar can also be used in cooking.